Two Day RYA Essential Navigation
This course is run over two days in the classroom
Or call us on 01202 923 060 (09:00 – 16:00)
“It’s no good being able to park like a boss when you arrive if you are going to hit a rock on the way“
The RYA Essential Navigation course is exactly that. Essential!
This two day classroom course will equip you with the basics of navigation. This means that once you’ve learned to handle a boat, you can get safely from A to B.
This course is an excellent add on to the RYA Powerboat Level 2 course and it’s a must do before you go anywhere on holiday. That way you won’t have to meet the rescue team.
What you will learn
This course will really develop knowledge introduced during your PB2.
Subjects covered include:
- Charts & publications – how to get the info you need.
- Safety– how to check kit and keep people safe so you can relax and enjoy it.
- Engine checks – don’t lose your deposit.
- Buoys – these are the road signs of the sea. You gotta know them.
- Tides & currents – up and down and round and round. You need to account for them.
- Visual & electronic navigation – Use the SatNav of the sea.
- Pilotage – getting in to a destination and visiting the restaurant.
- Rules of the road – the marine highway code.
- Anchoring – leave it secure while you swim or fish.
- Weather for boaters – learn about the effects of weather on the sea.
- Passage planning – getting from A to B safely.
Your Unique Classroom Course Guarantee AND Our Cast Iron Promise
Some of us haven’t been in a classroom for years and the thought of it can be really intimidating. Our instructors are at the top of their game and have all the resources you need to learn.
Royal Yachting Association courses are all pass or fail courses. This is a really good thing as this high standard is what makes the qualifications respected around the world. BUT it means that you must attain certain criteria in order to pass.
If you decide to join us for any classroom course, we give you a unique guarantee. Obviously we can’t guarantee you will pass as that’s down to you but we promise that you can retake the course FOR FREE as many times as you like until you do pass.
Why do we do this? Because we believe in our teaching methods so much that we feel responsible for your outcome. And if we believe that, I mean really believe it, then the financial risk should sit with us.
Or call us on 01202 923 060
What else is included?
It would be great if you could take us with you on holiday. But we know you can’t. Wouldn’t it be great if we could remind you of stuff if you needed a bit of help anyway?
If you book on to our Essential Navigation course you get a free set of our knowledge cards.
Saving you £14.99 and they may just get you out of a corner.
You will also get, charts, a text book, an exercise book and navigation instruments. All for you to keep and worth another £40.
Plus two days with one of our delightful team members.
Now that can’t be bad!